We got fresh Maine lobster. Sabrina was willing to eat it until I pulled a larger chunk of meat out of the claw that looked very claw-like. At that point, she was done with the lobster. However, she still finished the delicious clam chowder they had. I've come to this conclusion before, and I don't think I'll have to come to it again. I don't like lobster. Not worth it. The meat isn't that good I don't think. I gave Maine lobster a chance because I wanted to try the best, but in the end, I still didn't like it all that much.
After lunch we walked around the pier area. Lincoln and Chase got to be quite good buddies on this trip, and can see them plotting. You can only imagine what they'll be coming up with in the future.
It was beautiful up there, even if it was a bit chilly.
After we finished up in Ogunquit, we headed to Freeport Maine, home of the original LL Bean store, as well as a high end outlet mall. There was an aquarium in the LL Bean store that had an area the kids could crawl into that was a hemispherical dome. They loved being even closer to the fish.
There was a giant shoe outside the store. Very random.
After Freeport, we packed it in and headed to Ellsworth Maine, a little town just outside Acadia National Park. The one downside to much of the driving done on this trip was that it got dark pretty early up there, so we didn't see as much in the evenings as we would have liked. Once we got to the hotel though, we all put on swimming suits and headed down to the pool. Apparently Lincoln doesn't trust his dad to help him when swimming, but he sure likes his Uncle Brett helping him out. :) It was fun to see the kids in the pool hanging out.








No comments:
Post a Comment