Thursday, January 17, 2013

Boston, Day 3

Even without getting very much sleep the night before, our kids were up and at it early Saturday morning. After breakfast, we headed down to the Aquarium which Camille had gotten us passes for. While there, we got the kids to stand in front of a Sea Lion statue. (This reminds me of when we went to Chicago when I was growing up and Mom made us stand in front of a stuffed buffalo at a random museum. I wasn't really happy about that.) I don't know how excited they were (to stand in front that is).


 
The Penguin exhibit, which is supposed to be really cool was under construction. We were unable to see it. However, they did have a window into an area where some baby penguins were and the kids liked that.


After eating some snacks next to the harbor, we headed to Haymarket, which is like a farmer's market on steroids. Rather, it's a reseller's market. Sellers are selling ripe/too ripe fruits and veggies which will go bad in anywhere from 1-24 hours. It would be great if you wanted to pick up some stuff and use it immediately. It reminded me of markets in Korea where everyone is trying to get your attention and get you to come to their booth.


Afterwards, we got back to Jason and Camille's apartment and found out that Tucson will be getting it's own temple! Yea, we're excited.

After an afternoon of shepherding the kids, trying to listen to whatever blurbs we can about conference, we had dinner (taco soup). Aunt Camille then painted Adie's fingernails, which Adie was very excited about.



Jason and I headed off to priesthood session were they provided pizza and Jason proceeded to eat twice as much as I did. It was a good session too.

After returning home, Camille had a local delicacy for us, Boston cream pie. It was delicious. My only observation is I wonder why they only put a small amount of chocolate in those things...

No comments: