Thursday, January 10, 2013

In June of 2012 (Part 2)

Also, in June of 2012...

As I said earlier, we made are our (nearly) annual summer trek up north to visit family. I drove up with my mom and the kids (Brett flew up later). We stopped in Gilbert on the way up to pass Trent and TJ back to Amelia and Ayla, and spend some time with them. We didn't get any good pictures of that, but it was a lot of fun spending time together and celebrating TJ's birthday. The next day, we arrived in good old SLC and our good friends, the Blockburgers, were still there for a day so we invited pretty much all our mutual Utah friends to meet up at Sugarhouse Park for an afternoon, so they could see both the Blockburger and Millar families at one time. Imagine that! So many came to see us and it was so fun and we don't have any good pictures of that. What is wrong with me? I am so mad I didn't take pictures of these events! Pictures in my head, I guess. I did get a bit better on the picture-taking front after that.

We visited Great-grandma Savage's grave (my grandma). Oh how I miss that wonderful woman!


We had a wonderful visit with Grandpa (my dad) and Great-grandpa Savage (my grandpa). I love having the kids get to know their extended family. I grew up with a close extended family and I am sad we live so far away from extended family because it is one of my favorite things about my childhood. We take every opportunity we can while we are visiting to spend time with extended family.





We spent a few days in Lava Hot Springs with Grandma and Grandpa Simpson (my mom and step-dad) and Aunt Debbie and a couple of her kids, Bryson and Cami.



We visited Great-grandma and grandpa Heiner's house (my grandpa and grandpa) and had a pool party with some of my cousins.


We visited the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum with Aunt Kati, her kids, Aunt Diana and Grandma Simpson.


Adie and Chase ran in the sprinklers. Even Utah gets pretty hot in the summer.




No comments: