Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trying not to be jealous

My brother has called me twice today. Why? Because he's in Puerto Rico on vacation. For those of you who don't know the significance of that for me, I served a mission in PR. In fact, I got home almost exactly 6 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long! I haven't been back and I would love to. It just hasn't been in the cards yet. My bro and his wife found a killer deal on a flight there. They live in Florida, so finding a flight there for a good deal is easier than finding one from here. Anyway, they are currently shopping at a place in my last area. Earlier, he was reading me the menu from the place they were going for lunch. It is bringing back so many fabulous memories. I am totally happy they were able to take this little getaway since he'll be starting dental school in a couple of weeks and then his life will be crazy for a few years. However, it's so hard to not be jealous. They invited us to come along if we wanted to. For some reason, I just thought the timing might be off ;)

I wish I had my mission pictures scanned in so I could put a few on here, but I haven't done that project yet. I guess I'll add that to my ever growing project list. However, here's a beautiful picture I found on the Internet of San Juan.



Can you imagine living there for a year and a half and never going into that incredible ocean? See, I really need to return.

And no, no baby yet, but I've been feeling pretty good the last few days, so it's quite bearable. Thanks for asking :D

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was just thinking of you and baby. Hope he comes soon.