Sunday, May 17, 2009

Star Trek and Starcraft

Star Trek

So, what do you do for your fifth wedding anniversary? You take your wife out to see the new Star Trek movie of course! It was surprisingly good says Sabrina. However, just be warned, if you're pregnant, you'll likely be crying in the first 10 minutes of the movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. J.J. Abrams directed it. For some reason I thought he had worked on either Batman Begins or the Dark Knight. However, when I went to verify that before publishing my post, I haven't been able to find any references for it. Anyway, the movie was definitely one you could connect with. They didn't try to use technology to fix all the problems, though there was plenty of Star Trek lore mixed in there. Overall, a good movie and one I could recommend people see, even if they aren't Trekkies.

Starcraft

Now to prove what an even bigger nerd I am. So, I'm an avid Starcraft player. Once a week my college roommates and I get together online to play for a couple hours. I've played thousands of games Starcraft in my life. But this last week something happened that I've only seen once before. Someone playing with me was green!

I know, I know, you can hardly believe it. Actually, if you're still reading, you are either named Clark or have a high tolerance for computer gaming. Everyone gets a color at the beginning of the game. It's random. The colors are yellow, orange, brown, red, blue, white, purple, and teal. Unless you have a completely random occurrence and you get green. Trust me, it's so unusual that it's like eating cereal that has contests on the boxes for something cool, and actually winning one of the contests.




1 comment:

Sarah and Wes said...

HA! I was crying in the first 10 minutes, so I guess you're right. Wes and I are going to see Terminator Salvation for our 4th year anniversary, haha :D