Early this afternoon (being Friday) I got an email from Brett that said something to the effect of, "You didn't want to see me this weekend, did you? We just got out of a meeting where we got some assignments that need to be done by Monday and in order to avoid working on Sunday I'll probably be working around the clock until Saturday night. I hope you don't mind." Well, I don't necessarily mind, but I do feel bad for him. He warned me on Wednesday that they had to get some things done by Monday that would require some later hours and possibly working on Saturday this week, but I don't think he thought it would be this bad. Raytheon, overall, has been really great about scheduling though so who can complain? The really great thing is all these extra hours he's working he can probably shift over to use as vacation time later, so I hope that can keep him going (at Novell, you just worked the extra hours if you were a salaried employee, no overtime, no extra vacation, etc.).
Anyway, it's 9:30 pm, Adie's finally asleep (I seem to put her down later when Brett's not home. I guess to keep me company?) and I have decided I am done sanding furniture (which I did all afternoon) so I'll catch up on some blogging that I've been meaning to do for a long time. Therefore, there will be many posts to follow this one (although you will probably read this one last since the most recent posts show up first on the blog and reader).
1 comment:
This just reminded me. I saw Carolyn Grose at Eldon Hurst's viewing. She was asking about you, and I explained that Brett worked for Raytheon. I turns out that Dee retired from Raytheon (they bought out the company he was working for). She said that they gave Dee a great retirement. Small world isn't it?
Post a Comment