While my mom was in town, we decided to take advantage and head out on an anniversary excursion. Sure, it's a little early, but we didn't know if we'd be able to do it on our actual anniversary, which is May 15th, so we jumped at the opportunity (turns out my dad will be in town over the actual date so maybe we'll catch a movie or something too!). We went to a little mining town, called Bisbee. Ok, it's no longer a mining town. The copper mine closed in the 70's or something, but it was a major boom town at the turn of the 20th century, so it has some fun history. It's a couple hours Southeast of where we live. It's a lot like Park City or Jackson Hole. There are a lot of cute shops and art galleries. The buildings all have a lot of character.
We stayed at a little bed and breakfast called the Letson Loft. It was really nice. We strolled down the streets and visited a few of the shops and galleries. We didn't get there until the afternoon and everything, except restaurants and bars, closes around 5, so we didn't get to see all of them, but it was a good sampling. We ate a yummy dinner at the Bisbee Grill and then hunkered down to watch Must Like Dogs (the Letson had about 20 movies to choose from and neither of us had seen this one). Turns out, we would have been just fine if we hadn't ever seen it, but oh well, it was nice to just relax. The next day, we had a nice little breakfast, went on a drive, checked out the mining museum, looked at the remains of the actual copper mine, ate lunch and drove home. It was a lot of fun to just get away, sans the child, and see some place new. Thanks again, Mom!
Brett didn't take too many photos, and we actually didn't get any of both of us together, unfortunately. Brett did do a little mini shoot of me (I guess you'd call it that). Since Kimmie is requesting more photos of something other than Adie, I'll throw a couple in. If you look really hard, you can see my prego belly poking out of my jacket. It's too bad I didn't take any pictures of Brett. He's the good looking one in the relationship. (Again, if Brett were in charge of this post, the photos would be processed and all that, but I don't feel like taking the time, so oh well).
Here's the room at our B&B. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was really nice. It had a small adjoining kitchen as well, not that we needed it since we didn't stay long. The ceilings were about 11 feet high and there were skylights as well, which was really nice, except that it woke Brett up earlier in the morning than he would have liked.
I am sure you enjoy the wind-blown hair effect. See, you can see a belly poking out there, which is about as much of a pregnant belly pic as I ever like to have.
Cheesy grin. I was so never meant to be a model (not that I aspire to be one, but being photogenic just isn't my strong point).
Here's an old hotel there, typical period architecture during the boom time of the town. There were a couple of streets with buildings similar to this lined up side by side. That's where all the cute shops were.
I am sure you all wanted to see a picture of the now unused mine. Can't say I am a big fan of the way mines look, especially conspicuous open-pit types, but I do appreciate how valuable mining is to our society, so I won't go on an environmental rant about it. I just wish there were a more eye-pleasing, eco-friendly way to do it.
6 comments:
Blah blah blah, non-photogenic, blah blah blah. You're fine. I enjoy seeing the prego pictures - I for one think you're a cute pregnant lady. Looks like you had a fun time!
How fun. I have never even been down there but both of my Grandpa's were copper miners. I didn't know there was much down there in Bisbee :)
It looks like you had a fun time! And I agree with Shannon...You are very cute! I want to see pictures of inside your house, now that you have your stuff in it. We are working on your plan! Its going to be great!
Hey Sabrina! It's Kali Hoenes. I found your blog because you commented on Julie Quinn's blog. I too have a blog, but it is private. If you want I will send you an invite e-mail me your address Kalidonia@juno.com. Glad you were able to enjoy an anniversary outing. May 15 is my mom's birthday and also my nieces. You picked a great day to get married! Now I will remember your anniversary forever!
I've always thought you two make a great couple. You compliment each other so well in so many ways. I love the belly. I'm glad you were able to get away and have fun.
Sounds like a fun excursion! You look darling...cute belly poking out!
Post a Comment