I haven't posted much on American Idol this season, partly because I haven't watched it as faithfully as I have in the past. I do just want to say two things about it though. First, I am actually starting to agree with America's taste. They crowned David Cook last year and this year I definitely agree that Adam and Kris should be the top two, although there was a lot of talent with all the finalists. I do think these two were the most compelling and consistent from everything I watched. I couldn't care less who wins tonight.
My second comment is in regards to the RIDICULOUS finalist song they make the winner release as their first single every season. Please get rid of it. They have tried hiring pros to write it, they've tried a music writing contest, now they have pros and a judge write it. Any way you cut it, the songs are always terribly cheesy and rarely does anyone sound good singing them. That is the single biggest improvement to AI I could ever suggest, and since I know people are always looking for my feedback, they should feel lucky I am publicly making my suggestion ;)
3 comments:
I TOTALLY agree about those ridiculous songs. That's the worst part about the show--that they are forced to make crappy songs their first singles. I hated this one.
I couldn't agree with you MORE!! I felt so bad for Adam especially last night because it was not his style or taste at all. It sounded horrible--even Kris. I hated listening to it. And it is new to me that they are forced to make it their first single!!! RIDICULOUS!
I wish the producers of idol read your blog and everyone else's in the country....I think they should have a Simon pick instead. ANYTHING else would be better and not so cheesey!!! Let the people write and produce their own first single!!!
Post a Comment