Sunday, March 8, 2009

If You Haven't Heard By Now...

We just received the following email from Brett's brother. It got my blood boiling. No, I am seriously ticked and you better believe I emailed HBO. I urge you to do the same, even if you are not LDS. It is one thing to poke fun of a culture. It is quite another to publicly desecrate something a religion or culture values as sacred. Just because I don't believe in other religions doesn't mean I can't respect their right to hold certain things sacred. Tell HBO to have the decency to do the same. I am afraid our country will pay if things like this are tolerated.

"Many of you may have heard of HBO's television show, Big Love. It came out a couple of years ago, and it shows polygamous families. When it first came out, the church came out with a strong statement against Big Love and Polygamy. You can see the statement here:

http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/church-responds-to-questions-on-hbo-s-big-love

However, as if the polygamy weren't bad enough, HBO has taken their unscrupulousness to new heights.
On Sunday, March 15, 2009, HBO will be airing a segment of their Big Love series titled Goin' to the Chapel. In this segment, they will be showing individuals dressed in full temple clothing (you can see the picture right in the TV guideitself), and they are planning on sending secret cameras in to the temple to show the inside of the temple itself.
You can see the advertisement here (on page 48):

http://www.tvguidemagsales.com/WeeklyIssues/TVG030909.pdf

Please help stop HBO from airing such an offensive show! You can go to the link below to submit a comment to HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=GeneralInformation&questiontype=generalInformation&questiontype=general

It's imperative that we get as many people to voice their complaints as possible before HBO airs the show. Please pass this information on to as many people as you can!

If you are not a member of the LDS church, we invite you to learn about our church and our temples from a true source: www.mormon.org.

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart" --Psalm 24: 3-4"

7 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Wow that makes me so mad!

Tianna said...

Thanks for informing people; I hadn't heard of it before. For the record, however, the advertisement is on page 46, not 48. (Unless you mean it's the 48th physical page of the pdf. Which I think would then be right, except the physical pages don't show up if you view it in a web browser.)

Sarah and Wes said...

I am so angry. I emailed HBO, and I am going to post this on my own blog!

Shanny said...

Wow. I actually was just reading about it on the facebook group when I saw your post, but you had a link to TV guide, which I appreciated. There is this small part of me that thinks it can't possibly be true, but I'm afraid it might be. You better believe I sent them an email.

KordelandHeather said...

I think this is Tom Hanks's (executive producer of Big Love) way of getting back at the Mormons for being supportive of Prop 8 in California. Just because WE (Mormons) were the most organized and most visual part of the movement for supporting Prop 8, we were definitely not the biggest numbers in shear voting power...otherwise, it wouldn't have passed. Well, I hope this revengeful act comes back to bite them in the butt!!!

ilikewinter said...

Is it true? I just looked up on their episode guide for the show tonight and it didn't mention anything about temples- it was about a burial and drama behind investigations into them being polygamous or not. I'm just wondering before I send it off to everyone, because I will!

If it's not supposed to be about the LDS church, then how come the family, in one of the episodes goes off to Palmyra for the Hill Cumorah pageant, since that is a church production?! Did they seriously say it's not connected to our church?

Megan D. said...

I thought this was a great response by the church too.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma