Monday, March 9, 2009
Follow-up on Big Love Controversy
Thank you to everyone who sent me the official church statement on the Big Love controversy. Here it is in case anyone hasn't heard about it yet and would like to read it. Basically, I read that the Church is taking no official stance on the issue and has not asked any member of the church to take any action. They have said people can make personal decisions to boycott, etc. as they feel it's appropriate. However, they aren't concerned. I wasn't really concerned about it making a huge impact on people's testimonies, or potential testimonies, but I wanted to let HBO know they were being disrespectful and to ask them to consider that before airing the show. In any case, I just want to clear the air to make sure everyone knows there is no official church measure being taken regarding this issue. I personally don't think it will be a bad thing if HBO receives a few strongly-worded emails from individuals, but the Church will continue to move forward no matter what HBO does. So, as you were!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it is good to let your opinion be known and I'm glad you shared this with us. :)
Amen, I agree with your sentiments, Sabrina. I'm glad the church is taking their normal stance of quiet dignity, but I still think we as members can send our objections to the offending party all we like!
Post a Comment