Thursday, January 17, 2008

Roma Tomatoes

I'm sure we've all bought roma tomatoes at the grocery store. They're the long, narrow tomatoes, right? WRONG!!

This evening I was contemplating what to eat and decided to have toasted cheese sandwhiches (open face bread with cheese melted in the broiler in the oven). I always have tomatoes covered with mayo and salt on it. (for some reason specifically naming salt in a dish that doesn't seem like it should have it automatically makes it sound nasty, but it's not nasty, it's quite good). Anyway, on with the story. So, Sabrina tells me that we have roma tomatoes, so I plan 3 sandwiches to go with 1 tomato ( I know, I have it down to a science), slice the cheese and put the sandwiches in the oven. As I go to pull out the tomatoes, I had to double check because those tomatoes certainly couldn't be roma, could they? I thought not, but they were long and, well.. fat. It just wasn't right. I started slicing it up and realized that it had totally ruined my plan. I was left with extra tomato, and nothing to eat it with! Dang mutant tomatoes. This probably isn't nearly as funny at 8 am either, but oh well.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You may not know me, but I really enjoy your stories. (Friend of Sabrina's from the MTC/Mission). Just thought you would like to know that someone gets a kick out of your ravings! :)