Chase is now 2 months. It's so true what they say about time flying by and kids growing up quickly. I am not sure I remember there being a September this year. It was all one big haze of no sleep, feeding, trying to establish routines, tantrums, etc. I feel more grounded now (getting better sleep helps) and now I am itching to do the many projects in my queue. The problem is, my 24 hours each day still go by far too quickly. All of the sudden, I realize I have a giant 2-month-old. I know, shocking! Chase's 2 month check-up was today. I know you are all dying to know how big he is. First, let's review.
At birth:
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
Length: 19 in (although at the doc's office a few days later he was 20.5, so we are more inclined to believe that)
At 2 weeks:
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz (I think, can't remember the oz for sure)
Length: 21 in
At 1 month:
Weight: 11 lbs 4 oz
Length: 23.5 in
At 2 months:
Weight: 14 lbs 1 oz
Length: 25 inches
Depending on what growth chart calculator you look at, he falls in the 90 some odd percentile or off the charts for both height and weight now. It took Adie 4 months to reach that milestone.
Now, let's compare:
Adie at birth:
Weight: 6 lbs 10 oz
Length: 19.5 in
Adie at 2 weeks:
Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz
Length: 20.5 in
(Adie didn't have a 1 month check-up so I have no comparison here)
Adie at 2 months:
Weight: 12 lbs 3 oz
Length: 23.5 in
So, Chase is beating Adie in the growth department. Granted, he is a boy and was in utero a week and a half extra. The fact of the matter remains, we produce large children who grow quickly. Adie is still going strong. I measured her the other day at a friend's house, who had a growth chart on the wall, and then again today on the paper on the table at the doc's office and came up with about 40 inches both times. That is extremely tall for a not even 3-year-old. She weighs about 36 lbs, which is also quite heavy for a girl her age. However, she seems to be proportionate, off the charts for everything!
4 comments:
My boy got his 6 month well check today. He measured at exactly 16 lbs. He is so tall and skinny. Anyways he has yet to double his birthweight of 9.5 lbs. I remember Chase when he was tinny since then I assumed he was little but he's always hiding in the wrap :).
Wow. Will I recognize your children?
Wow he is big! It's amazing.
Caught up on all your older posts. Beautiful pictures of your kids and of sunsets!
We are had the coldest 1st half of October in 133 years, so we've had late fall weather already. yuck.
You have healthy gorgeous children...I love it!
Post a Comment