Sunday, July 26, 2009

Honey, where did the ___ go?

Sabrina's family has a disease. It's incurable, and all the women on her mom's side of the family seem to have it. It's the curse of needing to be constantly cleaning up.

Tonight Sabrina requested a strawberry chocolate shake. As we didn't have any ice cream (I buy it but I think there are some big crickets that get into our freezer and eat it all or something like that) I used ice cubes and milk. I also used frozen strawberries. That's a lot of frozen stuff. So, not having one of those blenders that eats iPhones, I used both a Cuisinart and a blender to get it all chopped up. I was using a wooden spoon to scoop the ice cream like substance from machine to machine while utilizing the plastic bag the strawberries were in to rest the spoon on (no need to get anything else dirty). One of the times I was scooping, I turned and my ziploc bag was gone.

"Where'd it go?" I demanded.

"Where'd what go?" came the ever so innocent reply.

"My spoon holder."

"What spoon holder? I didn't see any spoon holder."

"The plastic bag that the strawberries came in, I didn't want to waste it."

"Oh, I thought that was garbage, I threw that away."

And thus it goes. Whether it be socks, shoes, newspapers, computers, or even plastic ziploc bags I use as a spoon holder, I am constantly trying to keep Sabrina from putting things away before I'm done with them. However, this is a multi-generational disorder, and as such, any time we go to family parties I have to make sure I never put anything down or else I'll never see it again.

8 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

HAHAHA!!! That is so funny!!! I'm glad Wes doesn't do that--it's only AFTER I'm done that he wonders why I don't clean up after myself.

Clark said...

You rest your spoons on socks and shoes?

On an unrelated note, we saw a familiar face in the newspaper this weekend. He was wearing a very colorful coat.

Leilani said...

Hah, it's called cleaning as you go. Otherwise you have to clean up the explosion afterwards. :) ie: I'm siding with Sabrina.

CMK5 LINDSEY said...

I love it!

I HAVE to clean up while Craig's being master chef too!

Shanny said...

I get the feeling that after dinner is over at your house, all the dishes are cleaned, dried, and put away. Whereas at our house, the dishes are stacked in the sink and left until morning. Is that bad?

charlesfam said...

I love it! It's a good thing there are much worse habits.

Judy said...

Wes agrees. Sorry. I learned it from my mother!

Nathan said...

Believe it or not, I throw Amanda's things away all the time. Or throw her cups she's using in the sink. She gets a little irritated at times.