Saturday, July 18, 2009

Calling the thought police...

Everyone, beware of what you put on your facebook account. You never know who's watching.

We really have sold out for "safety". We (meaning society, not particularly Sabrina nor me) would much rather the government make sure we're "safe" than not, and that means that we end up with circumstances where the government hears (or in this case reads) us say the wrong word and show up with a helicopter and the SWAT team. Fortunately this event didn't happen in the USA, yet.

4 comments:

Em said...

I'm SO glad they caught that before it got out of control!

Nathan said...

So, I'm feeling a bit ignorant these days. What happened?

B-Rett said...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/17/police_raid_birthday_barbecue_facebook_invitation/

Sorry I didn't make the link more clear. Read the above article.

Spencer said...

I think I saw this on a Tom Cruise movie, ahem, Minority Report. I'm just wondering when they found the people that float in the water and predict the future.