Apparently my last post was our blog's 242nd post. *Warning, what follows is the ramblings and reminiscings of how good it used to be. Gosh, I'm getting old.* I'm sure the number of you out there who recognize the significance of this number in my life can probably be counted on one hand. 242 was the apartment number my freshman year of college.
One of the interesting things about life is that some times we can isolate one event that triggered a sequence of events that changed our whole life. For me, that was attending Y weekend at BYU 10 years ago this fall. It included hanging out with people I've not seen since, managing to never get pushed underwater in pool games, and meeting my friend Matt. Matt and I both wanted to live in Heritage Halls. At the end of Y weekend, I asked Matt if he'd like to sign up to be my roommate the following year. While we didn't know each other particularly well, I think we both thought that if we roomed together, we wouldn't be moving in with someone who could potentially turn out to be one of the "crazy" roommates.
Anyway, a year passed, and because of our asking to be put together, we were assigned to apartment 242, with Clark and Leandro (who asked to be in that apartment) and Nate and Brian, who also asked to live together. There was a mixup and a kid named Jon who thought he was moving into 242 got booted to 243. Nate later went on a mission and Jon moved in. Funny thing about these guys, I actually still keep in good contact with most of them. Clark will claim he's responsible for me being married. Jon kept me on the straight and narrow of engineering until we parted ways for grad school. Brian has been one of the friends most willing to drive long distances to hang out (provided there's photography and no letter writing involved). Nate somehow ended up moving into the same married student ward as me and we got along better once I wasn't always reminding him to wash his dishes. Leandro, to my knowledge, still lives in Provo and is known by lots of people there. Matt, ever the stalwart friend, makes quite good food, and keeps promising to give me some. Maybe I'll get Matt's food the same time that Brian gives me pictures from the last 9 years...
DDAIWDBIYDTP
No comments:
Post a Comment