Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pat Buchanan on the Financial Crisis

Ok, I posted enough non-political stuff (and thanks for all the kind comments and interesting ideas on whether or not to say too much). I think I'll maybe "say too much" for those of you with opposing political views. You may not all be Pat Buchanan fans, but I loved this recent quote of his regarding our country's current financial crisis:

"Yet, still, the promises of the politicians come. Barack Obama will give us national health insurance and tax cuts for all but that 2 percent of the nation that already carries 50 percent of the federal income tax load.

"John McCain is going to cut taxes, expand the military, move NATO into Georgia and Ukraine, confront Russia and force Iran to stop enriching uranium or 'bomb, bomb, bomb,' with Joe Lieberman as wartime consigliere.

"Who are we kidding?

"What we are witnessing today is how empires end."

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: