Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Tag for Your Reading Pleasure

It was hard to come up with 8 responses for each of these. Sorry it took me so long, Cheryl!

8 things I am passionate about:
  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. Music
  4. Food
  5. Politics
  6. Discovering truth
  7. Good discussion
  8. Being dependable
8 words or phrases that I say often
  1. I love you. (I really do try to say it a lot to those I love. It's a phrase worth repeating)
  2. If you tell me what you want maybe we'll all be less frustrated. (to Adie as I am encouraging her to talk more and head off tantrums)
  3. Do you need your diaper changed? (I am a stay-at-home mom, this comes up frequently)
  4. Did anything new or exciting happen at work today? (fishing for info on when Brett will finish his thesis)
  5. No, that's still up in the air. (the response to the frequently posed question of if we know when we're moving to Tucson)
  6. I hate the Federal Reserve! (just loving all these government bail-outs and messing with the interest rates)
  7. I read something interesting today. It really ticked me off. (as Brett cringes and readies for another political discussion)
  8. I won't vote for either. I think they are equally poor choices. (my response to the question of who I will vote for between Obama and McCain)
8 things I want to do before I die (I'm stealing some of yours, Cheryl)
  1. See all my kids marry in the Temple
  2. Own a home with a big whirlpool tub or a hot tub
  3. Travel extensively - to all continents if possible
  4. Sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I'll need some voice lessons for this one)
  5. Go on another mission
  6. Get a Masters Degree
  7. Start or be heavily involved in an organization that makes the world a better place
  8. Write a book
8 things I have learned
  1. That being trustworthy is better than being cool
  2. To not care what other people think (k, I am not perfect at that one yet, but getting better)
  3. That truth isn't just found in spiritual or scientific things. It can be found anywhere.
  4. That being a parent is as rewarding, if not more rewarding, as "they" say it is.
  5. That life isn't fair and that's okay.
  6. That it's really hard to keep in touch with all the people you care about.
  7. That there are more good people than bad. The bad people just stand out more.
  8. That God really does love everyone even if the injustices we see in the world might make us think otherwise.
8 places I would love to go or see (I am fairly certain I want to go everywhere, but I guess I'll narrow it down to my top 8)
  1. The Orient - not sure I can narrow this down because I want to see it all, what a fascinating set of cultures
  2. The Middle East, including places like Iraq if they ever achieve some semblance of stability
  3. The British Isles
  4. New Zealand
  5. Italy
  6. Russia
  7. Alaska
  8. Polynesia, including Hawaii again
8 things I currently need or want
  1. A house in Tucson (soon, my friends!)
  2. To lose 10 more lbs
  3. To have natural singing ability
  4. Lower gas prices (I like this one too, Cheryl)
  5. Cuisinart food processor
  6. The Federal Reserve to be abolished
  7. Lots of storage space
  8. To be able to see more of my family and friends before we move, but still have some free time
8 people I tag

Come on, you guys. You know I don't do that, but I'll have a little fun with it this time. I tag anyone I have met from the BYU 169th Ward who reads this blog. That's probably somewhere around 8 people.

2 comments:

Gooch Family said...

I especially loved your section of "8 words or phrases", that was funny. And I wish you would stop implying you aren't a good singer b/c we all know you are fabulous! So when did you say you are moving to Tucson? J/K :) Oh and I don't think I'll be filling this survey out on my page, it would take me way too long to think of stuff

Cheryl said...

Thanks for doing this Sabrina. I hate tagging people, but I thought I would just do it. It was great to get to more about you. We were actually thinking of asking you guys when you were going to move to Tucson, but I guess we got our answer! :)