Monday, September 29, 2008

:)

Boy, am I in a good mood today! I am actually proud of the US ongress, although not so proud of my district's congressman. However, 2 out of 3 Utah congressmen voted against the bill, one being a Democrat. Love it! Here's another great read explaining why the bail-out is a bad idea. I will concede that it remains to be seen what will really happen, but this administration is known for fear-mongering and going way overboard with supposed "solutions", i.e., Iraq. It would be refreshing to see if the market can work this out without more government intervention which, in almost every case, I oppose.

(Yes, I am a little obsessed with this issue. I promise I do pay attention to other things. For some reason I just like to blog about this.)

4 comments:

Laura Nielsen said...

Hey Sabrina, Just wanted to let you know I think you're awesome and I love your blog!!! It's super fun to read and I become really informed all at the same time. It's nice to hear someone with the same opinions too, Devin being the big accountant and everything is really upset and well... I guess business just runs in his veins but you go girl!!

Shannon said...

I think theoretically it makes the most sense to let the economy ride it out, but the practical application of it is scary for individuals affected. I have to admit when I hear the words "letting the economy ride it out," I selfishly hear personal job loss, and wonder how it will affect our family. However you're right about the fear-mongering that has already taken place; who knows how bad it will really get?

Americans could really use a reality check, however, by being forced to survive without credit, live within our means, and simultaneously learn to plan savings for disasters.

Karen said...

:D too! At least for a moment anyway!

ilikewinter said...

If they would adjust it to make it a better solution, then I'd go for it. As for letting the CEO's off the hook, nay nay nay!