Monday, March 10, 2008

Airhead

So, I've had a couple of airhead episodes the last couple of days. The first happened at church yesterday. I was sitting in the back waiting to see if Brett was going to make it with Adie or not (she was taking a nap and we didn't want to wake her with her recovering from her RSV) so I was kind of watching the doors. I also wasn't feeling well and was only planning on staying until after our choir number because I was going to stay home with Adie the rest of the time anyway. With these things in mind I wasn't paying a whole ton of attention to the welcome and announcement of the song and prayer. We sang the opening hymn and then no one went up to say the invocation. I was thinking in my head, "Oops, someone forgot they had the prayer!" Then, I saw one of the counselors in the bishopric looking in my direction, but since I was in the back I figured he was trying to get the attention of someone sitting directly in front of me. However, at this point I started to worry that I was supposed to say the prayer, even though I was never notified of this assignment. Someone a couple of rows in front me looked behind at me and said, "Aren't you supposed to say the prayer?" So, I looked down at the program and sure enough, there was my name. This had been the plan for at least a few days since my name made it on the program. By the time I had come to this realization probably at least a minute or two has passed with everyone waiting. It was hilarious. My friend told me later that when the bishop announced the prayer he even said something like "Our RS President, Sabrina Millar, will give the opening prayer." In none of this did I even pick up my name or calling were being mentioned. Nice!

My other episode of airheadedness happened today as I arrived at the grocery store parking lot. I was just about to step out of the car when I realized I had no way to pay for the groceries since my wallet was at home, so we turned around and went home to pick up my wallet. At least I came to this realization before I had a cart full of groceries all checked out.

8 comments:

Karen said...

When I was still in school I went grocery shopping and was at the register when I realized I didn't have my debit card or check book and I rarely carry cash (and if I do, it's not that much). I had them keep the groceries all bagged in the cart and went home and returned to pay for them. So, you're not very airheaded at all!!

alisquire said...

What's the deal with them not asking you if you'd give the prayer?

Karen said...

Ohhhh man...I've forgotten my wallet soo many times!

Em said...

That is hilarious! If no one had actually asked me to say the prayer I probably would have done the same thing. I'll have to be more attentive when they announce who's doing what at church!

KordelandHeather said...

They are supposed to call and ask you, so you just walk up to the Exec Sec and remind him of that. Last Thursday was my first time I've ever forgotten my wallet. Pathetically, my groceries were more than half bagged when I realized I forgot! I quickly called Kordel and told him to high tale it over there on his lunch break. Lucky for me, no one was in line behind me and I could just stand there for 5 minutes waiting. HOW EMBARASSING!!!

KordelandHeather said...

They are supposed to call and ask you, so you just walk up to the Exec Sec and remind him of that. Last Thursday was my first time I've ever forgotten my wallet. Pathetically, my groceries were more than half bagged when I realized I forgot! I quickly called Kordel and told him to high tale it over there on his lunch break. Lucky for me, no one was in line behind me and I could just stand there for 5 minutes waiting. HOW EMBARASSING!!!

Stephanie said...

Yay! It doesn't only happen to me! (The airheadedness, that is). The pictures were great, thanks for posting them! You look wonderful, by the way! I'm glad that Adie is getting over it all quickly. And it was nice the other day...so good to get out into "nature"!

ilikewinter said...

ha ha ha!! Sounds like something I might do in church!!

And, unfortunately (and I don't know if I should be mentioning this to the world), I have gotten to the checkout without the means to pay. Luckily, it was self-checkout so I wasn't really holding up anybody because of it, but it still was a little embarrassing to have to hand my groceries back to the checkout assistant.