This year we have discovered Adie has a real talent for getting sick frequently. She got the nasty, barf-y flu right after Christmas. Just as she was recovering from that she got an ear infection. Then, there were a couple weeks of respite while she celebrated her birthday, but slept very poorly, and then it was on to a cold, with a mild cough, to round out the month of January.
February came in looking promising, but, as I detailed in a previous post, on our way to Idaho she came down with a really high fever. It turns out she had another ear infection and the sore throat / fever / cough flu that has also been going around. And again, just as she recovered from that ailment, she came down with another cough and fever this past weekend. It seemed very similar to the previous one, only the fever wasn't as high and the coughing was worse. We waited it out a few days, but the cough started keeping her from sleeping and she stopped eating. Time to go back to the urgent care clinic! This time it's RSV which has progressed to Bronchiolitis. She also still has an ear infection to boot.
All in all, since the end of December I think Adie has been sick about 6 times, she's had 3 ear infections and we've been to the doctor 5 times (once for her 1-yr check-up and 4 times to urgent care). The urgent care doctor now recognizes us. I don't take that as a good sign.
Through it all, poor Adie has maintained a far better disposition than her mother. Besides when she is trying to sleep and can't or is coughing up a painful storm, she is very happy, waving and smiling at everyone in the doctors' office, playing with her toys and vying for her parents' attention. It's been a rough few weeks at the Millar household, but I ought to take a lesson from Adie to just be happy anyway. I think I'll try it out today. And, here's to hoping the spring will come soon and the fresh air will do Adie's little body some good.
3 comments:
Poor Adie, I feel so bad for her (and yall). I hope she recovers quickly and permanently!
Question: what was the thing you were telling me about that lets you know when your friend's blogs are updated? That would be very nice to have. Thanks for you help!
I'm looking forward to spring. I bet Adie will enjoy it, too. I read somewhere (I think it may have been CityWeekly... you know, a mightily reliable source) that we actually get more sick during the winter because we are outside less (not because of the cold). Makes sense to me. I think you and I should push for holding Relief Society outside... for our health. Okay.
Maybe you should try to convince Adie to take up piano, photography, or polo, instead of bug collecting. Poor little thing. I hope she's feeling better soon! For all of y'all's sake.
Post a Comment