Thank you, dear readers, for all your advice / encouragement / prayers / empathy / sympathy. I gleaned a lot of great info from you. I am more than pleased to report, and maybe I am reporting a little early, that I think we have turned a corner already in the sleeping department. The day I posted about our sleep issues, I was running on very little sleep, yet I actually didn't feel all that dysfunctional. I was maybe a little tired, but overall, I felt fine. We had a great little hike in Sabino Canyon and enjoyed some yummy Mexican for dinner. We got the kids to bed early that night and went to bed early ourselves (before 10, which is seriously miraculous in this household). Chase slept, without making a peep that I heard at least, until 5 am. That was over 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me. I couldn't remember the last time I got such great sleep. Night #2, Chase was asleep by 7:30 pm (about a half hour earlier then we'd been putting him to bed before) and he woke up briefly at midnight because his nose was stuffed up. We just had to bulb syringe him and calm him down and he went back to sleep until 5 again. I fed him and he went right back to sleep, and so did I. I ended up with close to 8 hours of sleep that night! Then, the crowning moment last night. Again, he was asleep around 7:30, and besides a brief moment around midnight again where he woke up and cried (for only like a minute) he fell right back asleep and I did not hear him until 7:15 am. People, he has NEVER slept for 12 hours before, 10 hours was always his max and it had been a long time.
Three days in a row of great sleep = Sabrina feels amazing. He has slept through the night before from about 2 months of age to about 4 months, so maybe this phase will pass too, but I think we might be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. The only things we really did that differently is let him do a little more tummy time or something to have him cry a bit before bed to get a little extra energy out and I have given him his last feeding in the dark without Adie around. Normally, I would just give him his last feeding while we were reading or something with Adie while getting her ready for bed too. Seems that is doing the trick for now. Now, however, I have a whole plethora of ideas in my arsenal for any potential sleep problems so thank you for your support and advice. It's always welcome.
5 comments:
Glad to hear it!
Maybe he can explain this to Cambree!
Awesome!
YAY!
Yay, I am so so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment