A group from our ward got together today and ran the Beat Cancer Boot Camp 5k for a young mother in our ward who is currently fighting cancer. We wore matching pink camo bandanas and the whole thing was just a blast. I loved it. It doesn't sound your like your average 5k because it wasn't. They started with a warm-up led by a few olympic athletes and a NFL player, which was pretty cool. Then, we ran a 5k that had boot camp style obstacles along the way, including, but not limited to, jumping hay bales, running through tires, lifting ammo cans above our heads, push-ups, pulling fire hoses (the hardest obstacle IMO), climbing walls and slithering through a mud pit. I asked Brett to come along and document the event. We also brought Chase along and he was such a stellar little trooper (despite having to nurse from a mom caked in mud!). We got some really fun pictures, especially of the mud pit, which was the final obstacle, so Brett was able to get a lot of great pictures of us getting very, very dirty.

The bandana before the dirt, sweat and mud got to it.

Our fantastic group

Picture of Chase just because he's cute and he was there is his camo too.

Just a little muddy!

I seriously thought the whole thing was so much fun (besides being temporarily killed by the fire hose obstacle), but the mud pit really was so cool.

Looking good! We were going to take an after shot with everyone, but with everyone trying to get cleaned up and back home we weren't able to get the whole group back together.

My knees suffered some minor casualties.

Mud was everywhere. I recommend closing your mouth when crawling through a mud pit.
I hope to do this race again. We had a great time. If you ever get a chance to crawl through mud or mud wrestle or run a 5k obstacle course, I say go for it!
9 comments:
What a kick! I want a turn. What a neat way to support a fellow sister.
I love it. You're such a trooper. I've never heard of such a race before; thanks for sharing. It looks like a blast.
Good for you! It looks like a blast. Remember when we wanted to mud wrestle each other?
This looks like a blast! Not to mention a great way to raise money and awareness... you are such a fun and active mom.
ps, Diana was telling me how smart Adie is and how she knows so many classical composers and works. You are amazing.
What happened to my daughter? I remember someone who wouldn't walk down Big Rock Candy Mountain or up the trail to Brighton. Seriously, I'm proud of you for your good works and your determination.
We played mud "volleyball" in high school and it was so awesome! Way to go on doing something totally cool!
I must say I was too wimpy to do it. I'm not sure though after seeing all the muddy pics if I won't be too wimpy to do it next year too.
Wow, that is crazy, but it sounds like a really good cause and really fun!
How cool! Looks like a ton of fun, and I LOVE that last picture of you.
Post a Comment