Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

So, I'm babysitting tonight and Adie's gone to bed. As I don't actually have any desire to be productive, I decided to dump a few random thoughts that have been going through my head lately.

- To get to our home from the interstate, we have to drive past a casino. 90% of the bad drivers on the road between the casino and the interstate are going to the casino. They're just awful. The other day, Sabrina saw one miss the casino, start pulling on to the freeway, stop, back up (all while holding up people trying to get onto the interstate) and pull into the casino. Those drivers are unreal sometimes.

- While I'm ranting about drivers, I've driven behind more people here who seem insistent on going 50 mph regardless of the posted speed limit, be it 45 or 55. It's almost as if they don't even notice the signs and they just go whatever speed they want. Drives me crazy.

- There are a lot of bicyclists here in Tucson. Most of them are good at staying in bike lanes. Bicyclists who choose to ride on the painted white line because its smoother drive me nuts though. I'm unaware of the legality of it, but regardless of whether its legal or not, we have bike lanes for a reason. Use them so you don't slow down traffic.

- Big and tall stores are notorious (in my mind) for being big (fitting people who are obese, but not tall) stores, possibly big AND tall, but certainly never just tall. When in Provo, I was never successful in walking into the big and tall section of JC Penney and finding anything to fit me. However, upon moving to Tucson, I found that clothes in my size actually do exist. I just must have never gotten to them before the other tall people in Provo.

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

We've noticed that when trying to buy Tom's clothes...he's not quite as tall, but is still too tall for the "regular" section. Maybe we'll have to come down to Tuscon to buy clothes too. :)