Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A couple of musical gems

I haven't posted about music for a while. I don't know why not. I love music! I used to be so obsessed with acquainting myself with new songs and bands. One of my favorite things in the whole world is going to concerts (although I don't do it much anymore). I also spent hours downloading and compiling cds full of songs I loved. It's been many years, though, since that has been my focus.

However, I discovered 2 wonderful musical gems this evening. I didn't see AI last night, but I watched the performances online tonight. Holy cow, I loooooved Adam's "Mad World" rendition. It might be one of my favorite AI performances of all time, up there with DC's "Hello" and "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". I might even like it better. I love the song "Mad World" and he did it so beautifully. I've listened to it multiple times tonight. I also discovered a little song called "Dante's Prayer" by Loreena McKennitt. I don't know much of her music, but this little song is just gorgeous.

2 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Adam is just amazing week after week--I also loved his version of Mad World! I used to be obsessed with Loreena Mckennitt's song, "The Mummer's Dance."

alisquire said...

Loved his rendition too. I'll have to look up that other song.