Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Brilliant, Mother, Brilliant

When Adie colors I normally only let her use crayons or colored pencils. She has an easel she got for her birthday that she happily colors on and she is almost always good about coloring only on that or other designated paper. However, I normally still haven't been brave enough to let Adie use markers, lest she run off to some undisclosed corner and start coloring the walls, furniture, etc. I had the brilliant idea a few weeks back of having Adie sit in her high chair, though, and color with markers because she had found some in a still-to-be-organized corner of our house and expressed interest in them. I figured if she was confined to her high chair, she couldn't do much damage, right? She was sitting right behind me while I was doing something on the computer and when I turned around to see her masterpiece I found she decided to be a make-up artist. I love these pictures. They crack me up.




When I caught her, she was putting on the red just like lipstick. I think she was going for the Joker look, or maybe imitating me because that was during my nasty cold sore time and I had red erratically all over my lip area. What do you think? Does she have a future career in cosmetics?

7 comments:

Karen said...

Lol..freakin' awesome! Good idea on confining her to a chair or you probably would have found it all over the house!

Shanny said...

She kind of has the movie star hair going on, too. Nice look, Adie!

Megan D. said...

Ha, ha. That's great! I think she definitely has a future. She's got the Vogue look down in that last shot. :)

Leilani said...

This is hilarious! She looks like a rock star!

Karen said...

That is hilarious!! I love the second picture. She looks like she can't understand why you're so intent on taking her picture. "Come on, Mom, all the kids are doing it. This isn't anything new!"

charlesfam said...

Markers + kids = great mess. I like the highchair idea. Kids keep us laughing.

CMK5 LINDSEY said...

I love it!

Teia goes for the real stuff in my makeup drawer. I finally started letting her put on chapstick with my supervision.