So all, just a quick update. Low and behold my temporary security clearance came through. Good news for me. I'm really quite sure I have nothing in my background which would have prevented me from getting a clearance, but I've been paranoid that something would go wrong and throw a wrench in our plans. The relocation company called me today and we're starting the process of arranging the move. Last night and today it really struck me that this is it. We're finishing up and moving out. It's actually rather bitter sweet.
I've been able to stay in good contact with most of my close college buddies so far. I've keep in contact with a few high school friends. While I know that moving on is great and all, I'm actually surprised at how much I'll miss some of the people I've gotten to know and trust lately. In life what makes me sentimental is knowing that I'm not going to have any more opportunities. I mean honestly, my two friends from high school and my half a dozen college roommates that I'm still in good contact with I'll probably continue to see as time goes by. When I was on my mission, it actually wasn't all that hard to say goodbye to companions and friends that were going home. Mainly because I knew I had a high likelihood of seeing them again. Now, I'm not so sure. Anyway, I didn't mean to diverge into a sentimental ramble. Blogs will of course help keep us in contact with everyone. Just now it's less probable that we'll see anyone. That is, unless people decide that they want to leave Utah when it's freezing cold and come visit us in Tucson.
3 comments:
I can't speak for everyone, but I can think of one old college roomate's wife who will be dying to get away somewhere warm when winter unleashes its fury.
It is bitter sweet, isn't it? We will for sure miss you guys!
Yes, it's bitter sweet. Jason and I still miss the BYU days. Oh how i miss them! But life's good now too.
Post a Comment