Last Saturday was a ton of fun, although at the beginning of the day we had nothing planned. I went out on my morning run and noticed a sign for a Ryan Shupe concert that night with Good Morning Maxfield opening for them. Brett and I both enjoy Ryan Shupe and we've been trying to get out and see GMM for a while now, but it has never worked out (one of my friend's is in the band so it was about time we saw them play). I noted the website and decided I'd see if Brett was game for going. He was and our wonderful friend / neighbor said she'd be happy to babysit for us.
When I got home I needed to find out when the Stadium of Fire started and was just looking around at the other Provo Freedom Festival events. I noticed there was a children's parade that morning, so I called a friend to see if she wanted to bring her little one with me and Adie to the parade. Now, I am not really into parades, especially the kind where you have to save a spot overnight in order to see it. They just aren't that fantastic to me. However, I thought Adie would enjoy it and I figured we wouldn't have a problem finding a spot on that little parade route. Turns out I was right. Adie especially loved all the dogs that had come to watch the parade and the marching bands. She tried to lead their music, as she always does when she hears any music.
A couple of hours later, our fabulous sister-in-law called to see if she could take Adie to Seven Peaks. She and my brother have season passes and Adie is free, so she thought it would be fun to take her along. She picked Adie up after her nap and Brett and I weren't quite sure what to do with our unplanned free time. We ended up renting a movie (which I know is unoriginal, but we haven't done it for a quite a while actually). We got Flawless, which was pretty good. I love Michael Caine - fabulous actor. Amelia (sister-in-law) said she'd keep Adie for the rest of the afternoon / evening too. She was so cute and took Adie shopping and bought her the cutest little dress.
We then headed to our concert. We were planning on going to our ward party first, but didn't end up with enough time to hit that and get to the concert by the time we got out the door (sorry, Bree!) so I had cold cereal for dinner. We wanted to make sure we got a good seat so we wanted to get there a little early. It turns out that wasn't necessary. We were probably among the first 20 people to arrive and we only got there 15 minutes early. People did fill in a little while later and it was an awesome show. Good Morning Maxfield is a local band here in the Wasatch Front and if you haven't heard of them, I highly suggest you check them out. Their music is really good and they are incredible musicians. We really enjoyed their set and finally being able to see Brandon play.
Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band certainly didn't disappoint either. We've seen them a few times before and every time we totally love it. They are such amazing musicians, but more than that, so fun to watch. They are so funny and have great stage presence and you can't help but smile the entire way through. I am not a huge country / blue grass fan. I like it, but I don't listen to it a ton, but I really love Ryan Shupe. They announced that their latest album was #12 on iTunes, so it sounds like they are really starting to hit the big time. I think they deserve it.
Anyway, it was a really awesome Saturday, even if planned so last minute, and I can't thank Amelia and Trent enough for giving us a day off. They are nice to have every once in a while, even when you absolutely love your kids.
2 comments:
I just saw Ryan Shupe last night, it was a blast! I think he's getting big too.
Sounds like a fun day.
Hey! You missed out on some good food! and brownies! But it sounds like you had a great time despite missing the ward party...
Post a Comment