After a post about a dark, violent movie and the subsequent commentary, let's find a happier note on which to speak. Sunday was Adie's first time in nursery. Actually, she officially turns 18 months today, but I figured 2 days away was close enough. Adie is a pretty social girl, so I wasn't too worried about her going and staying. However, sometimes she is only social if we are with her also, so I thought she might need me to stay in there until she got to know the nursery workers a little better. Boy, was I wrong. The nursery workers had all the kids sliding down a slide into a ball pit and immediately Adie was distracted. I decided to hang out for a minute to make sure she was ok. That was completely unnecessary as well. I talked with one of the workers for a few minutes and I am pretty sure Adie was completely oblivious to the fact I was even there and didn't seem to care one bit whether I was or wasn't, so I just slipped out hoping she'd make it through the full 2 hours. She did! Apparently, the last few minutes she started to get sad as she saw the other parents come to pick up their children and we hadn't come to get her yet, but the rest of the time she was just fine. Sweet! I hope it stays that way.
The other good news from Sunday was they are changing our church meeting time at the end of August to 9 am-12 pm, rather than 1-4 pm. That means church won't be during nap time. That was welcome news to us. We have had a hard time figuring out how to get to as much church as possible and still get Adie the rest she needs.
7 comments:
Wow, your nursery has a ball pit? Wish ours did. Lucky you that your ward time changed. We're on our second year of 1-4. Lack of naps definitely shows as we pace the foyer.
are you going to some sort of evangelical bible belt church? Do they have rock bands performing during sacrament? J/K
Our nursery has a bunch of broken old toys, the only novelty is the very small toilet & sink combo (gotta get me one of those).
I also agree that 1-4 church sucks for the kids. We can never get a decent sleeping schedule on the weekends because of it.
Thanks for your movie review and the happy nursery review. :) I'm excited to see Batman...it does look really dark, but I liked the first one like you. Addie sounds like she is adjusting well to nursery. That will be nice for you, I'm sure! :) She is a cutie. Let's hang out sometime soon!
so sorry I don't have your email address, but we were wondering if you guys would be interested in going camping, we are going up by Park City, our ward owns some property and we are supposed to do "security" the 8th and 9th of August. Doug and Gina are coming and we are hoping to also see Tom & Megan. All are welcome, just let me know if you are interested.
Let me tell you...I know what you mean about getting enough church and rest at the same time. It can be SO difficult sometimes. Congratulations!! It is awesome that Adie loved it and was great the whole time, and I'm rooting for her feeling that way every time (at least for your sake if not hers too :P)
That is such exciting news!! I've heard the first nursery visit can sometimes be a disaster. Gotta love the ball pit... what a great idea!
Congratulations on what will hopefully turn into a more restful Sabbath experience for you!
Post a Comment