Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Long Absence

This blog has been neglected, or almost neglected, for some time now. Besides the fact that I haven't been in a blogging mood lately, the real reason for our lack of posts is because the kids and I had been gone for 6.5 weeks visiting various states, in which family members reside or were visiting. Brett got to join us intermittently for about 3 of those weeks, but he still was working remotely a good portion of that time. Ah the joys of having a real job! Anyway, it was such a busy, busy summer full of memory-making and catching up. The kids were incredibly good travelers considering all the places and events they were taken to. Routine? What routine?

Amongst our travels we attended my grandma's funeral, two family reunions and the traditional Savage Family 4th of July breakfast. We also visited the Millar Family cabin, went to my cousin's wedding reception, attended another cousin's mission farewell, and were present at our newest nephew's baby blessing. We managed to get together with as many friends while we traveling too. We got pictures of many of these happenings, although there were a few things where the camera wasn't pulled out. Overall, I saw almost everyone I wanted to see. There were a few I missed and I certainly wished I had had more time with each and every person, but you do what you can do. We hit 6 states on our travels too: Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming (thank you Yellowstone for taking care of lots of those in one day), Georgia and Florida. And, if you include strictly traveling through, we also hit Nevada and Texas.

Anyway, for the next few days, I hope to play catch up and document all that has recently gone on. I considered abandoning our blog, but decided, if nothing else, it's a great way to preserve family memories, so here's to getting on top of all that. Get excited for blog mania from the Millar household.

While I get all our photos together, here's the latest and greatest picture of our adorable little Chase who just turned one, (more on that later).

And, here's a picture of Adie, just because she's also really cute.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Cute pictures of Chase and Adie! You should post the one of all yall- that is a great family photo. And I will work on sending you the pictures of Florida, now that TJ is working on his 7th hour :)

Julie said...

Cute pictures of both of your kids!

Hoenes Family said...

I am excited about this catching up! I didn't know you went to Yellowstone! LUCKY!!!

charlesfam said...

It was so good to see you. I wish it could have been longer, too. I understand about the blog thing. I caught up on half the summer the other night; I still have the other half to get to. I'm excited to see your pictures.