Sunday, July 25, 2010

Proud Husband

Just a quick note. I'm proud of Sabrina. She finished her first marathon yesterday, the Deseret News Marathon. Her training had been less than spectacular considering Chase hasn't consistently slept through the night yet. She'd run 10 straight miles once. That was about 2 months ago. And then yesterday she went the distance. She'll point out that she walked on the hills and some other spots as well. In the end, I still say she rocked it just by finishing it.

16 comments:

Shanny said...

I think it's awesome that she even attempted to do it with her limited training. And then to finish! And in a decent amount of time, to boot.

Good work, Sabrina!

Hoenes Family said...

Yes, she rocks.

Sabrina said...

Wow, what a pleasant surprise to see on our blog this morning. Thanks, Babe! I couldn't have done it without your support.

Spencer and Anna said...

Congratulations, Sabrina! That's awesome! On to the next? :)

Megan said...

I hurt all over just thinking about it.

charlesfam said...

Go girl! You are incredible. I still wish we could train together. Hopefully some day.

Aubrielle said...

Way to go!

Karen said...

You are my HERO! What's my excuse?? You Are Awesome!!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yeah Sabrina!!! Still training for my first half-marathon, but you inspire me to consider a marathon!! That is assuming I survive the half, hehehe. Great job, you are amazing!

Karen said...

Go, Sabrina!

Karen said...

Go, Sabrina!

Jessica said...

Awesome! That was Darin's first marathon as well. Like I told him, we have cars that allow us to drive 26 miles...legs just aren't meant to do that. You are amazing! Congrats.

Em said...

That's fantastic! Congrats Sabrina! I'm so impressed!

Brian said...

Yey for marathons!

Sarah H said...

Wow! Go Sabrina! I'm training for a half now and I can't imagine doing a full...you're awesome.

Shannon said...

Sabrina is so amazing! Great post. And it was so good to see you guys when you were in town... and yes, Sabrina you look SO good. I can not believe how skinny you are. Must be all that marathon running!