
Not to be outdone by his sister, let's check in on Chase at one month. He has already gained 3.5+ lbs and 4.5 inches if his birth length was accurate, though we question that. He routinely eats 6+ ounces at a single feeding (eating every 2.5 hours or so). He continues to not like laying on his back. We give him back time as opposed to tummy time. Occasionally it takes him 2.5 hours to eat and get settled again. Fortunately he chooses a time convenient for him, usually between the hours of 10 PM and 8 AM to pursue this habit. The poor kid has a herniated belly button. We are told this doesn't hurt him and is not a problem. It should take care of itself. However, it protrudes at least half an inch. Maybe one day we'll post a picture.
He still doesn't enjoy his swing or bouncer, though we've been able to get him sitting in his bouncer for up to 30 minutes at a time. He usually prefers to be snuggled up next to someone. Thank goodness for a wrap. It's a lot harder to put him to sleep, since he doesn't go for the methods we learned with Adie, such as shooshing or swaddling or swinging. Luckily he does like a binky, so a little ride in the wrap with a binky will usually do the trick. Eventually. We think he's starting to see things and tends to stare at you when he's awake. Here are a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure. Amazingly enough, Brett has not been camera happy this time around.

8 comments:
It's me that good-at-not-reading-blogs friend. I just caught up reading with yours for the last month. =)
I'm so glad you posted your birthday story. It sounds as dreamy as giving birth could possibly be...maybe that was a little gift from God because he knew the transition wouldn't be so dreamy. As sweet and tiny and cute as newborns are, I think that is the hardest stage to get through...at least in the first 3 years. =) I hope both your babies start sleeping well soon!
Great pictures (although I look and was very tired in the one with me!)
Wow! I thought Larz was bad!
I'm glad to see some more pictures of Chase. He is darling! Hopefully seeing that cute mug gets you through the sleepless nights and near constant feedings. I wish we were closer and could do something more for you, but for now know that our thoughts and prayers are with you :)
Love that first pic. I can't believe how much he has grown in 1 month! Incredible!
Cute! What an adorable little boy. And what an eater and grower! Wow!
I'd love to see a picture of your wrap :) I'd like to get one when we have another kid.
He is so precious, although I can't quite tell who he looks like yet? At least it's obvious he's going to be tall like his Daddy.
He is so cute Sabrina! I love hearing about your tips... they are really helpful. I guess I am personally trying to cope with the idea that all babies are different so there's no right strategy for getting them all to sleep or calm down. I keep thinking, "Can't I just get a manual that works for all of them?" Lol.
Post a Comment