I didn't realize that the game started at 4 here, not 5. I ran to the store to pick up a couple of things, and returned home around 4:25 to find BYU still hanging 0-0 with Oklahoma. Then McKay Jacobsen fumbled a punt return. My immediate thought was "Well, this where the wheels start to come off." Then UO scored. Definitely was well on my way to being prepared for a BYU loss. I couldn't be happier to be wrong.
Some might try to take something away from BYU because Sam Bradford was injured at the end of the first half. Hate to break it to them, but Oklahoma had scored a touchdown off a muffed BYU punt return. Other than that, they had a 52 yard drive for a field goal. Not much else doing for UO. BYU's defense was fantastic. Surprisingly enough, we found cornerbacks in the off season. They played well all night. BYU also realized that blitzing works if you do it well. And boy did they do it well. I still can't believe the defense.
As a side note, it's going to be hard, really really hard, to keep expectations for BYU's football team down now. In large part because if they go undefeated, there is a good chance (pending every other team losing once) that they get into the national championship game. Yea, I know. A bit over the top, but quite frankly, true.
Here's some pics of our adorable kids:


I admit it, we broke down, bought a TV and got cable for the college football season. It's been worth every penny so far. My only regret, we should have got a DVR...
FYI, if you live nearby, feel free to give us a call and stop by on game day next week or any week.
7 comments:
You missed 2 three and outs. (The young OLine really made it tough on Bradford early.) BYU drove most of the way on their first possession then kicked a successful field goal. Despite the play clock showing one when it was snapped they called delay of game. So you should have turned it on to 3-0.
Loved the game, but I especially love the pictures of your adorable kids.
All I have to say is I am SO JEALOUS that you got a TV and cable! Don't tempt me!!!!!
Cute pics! We still don't have cable but I think I want to order it for this upcoming winter....Jason didn't think BYU had a chance either..what a surprise!
Darling pictures of your kids! :) Hope you are doing well!
BYU beat OU, and everyone is commenting on the pictures of the kids? Come on! 19 years since BYU has had a comparable victory! Where are your priorities people?
I love Adie's shirt! She was BYU's good luck charm :)
Post a Comment