I have become an Olympics junkie in general, but most specifically I have been so into watching all the volleyball tournaments. The US has been incredible this year. It's possible the US could get gold in all four volleyball tournaments. We've got the gold in both men's and women's beach volleyball already and both the men's and women's regular volleyball are playing for the gold in the next couple of days. I was on the edge of my seat just a few minutes ago watching the men's team barely edge out Russia in a 5-set match, winning 15 - 13. You couldn't have asked for more suspense.
I have always thought volleyball was a fun sport, but I didn't get seriously into watching it until now. We've gone to a couple of BYU men's volleyball game, which are so fun, and my cousins have done well playing for their high school teams, so we've gone to a few of their state tournament games. Now, I just can't get enough. I hope we can catch a few BYU games before we move and my cousin is going to be playing for UVU this fall. I can't wait to go watch her play.
As a side note, if you don't have TiVo or some sort of DVR system I highly, highly, highly recommend you get one as soon as you can (if you watch any tv). We record the Olympics and skip right to all the events, rather than spending hours watching all the interim stuff and commercials that take so long. I have also got to watch the volleyball semifinals without staying up all night. We just record it and I watch it in the morning, or some time during the day when I am folding laundry or something. It's a beautiful thing. I don't think I could ever go back to "normal" television viewing.
1 comment:
We were up in Star Valley WY for the duration of most of the olympic events, where we actually had a TV AND satelite, so we got to see some of the Olympics! We had fun cheering on Millar!
Post a Comment