I am not sure I want to publicly remember how lame I was in high school, but maybe some of you think I still am and it's fun fun to look back anyway. I still love my high school friends, so something good came from that awkward time.
1. Did you date someone from your school?
I went on a few dates with people from my high school, but no dating the same individual multiple times. This wasn't a conscious decision to wait until I was older. I pretty much just didn't have many people interested, nor was I interested much.
2. What kind of car did you drive?
1988 Maroon Chevy Baretta with a digital dashboard whose light went out so during the night I couldn't see the speedometer and I was too cheap to want to pay to fix it.
3. It’s Friday night...where are you?
Hanging out with friends. Maybe at someone's house, maybe seeing a movie, but most likely cruising boys' houses (I am stealing Shanny's answer, since we were most likely together).
4. Were you a party animal?
No, but my friends and I knew how to have a good time.
5. Were you considered a flirt?
Nope.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Choir - all 4 years of high school - 2 choirs my senior year. I love singing in choirs. In fact, I look forward to ward choir practice. I'd like to be in a choir besides ward choir again.
7. Were you a nerd?
Not a techy-type nerd, but I did well in school and was shy, so I am sure most people considered me that. I hated being associated with that stereotype though. I went out of my way to make sure people knew I didn't stay home and study all the time, but liked to go out with friends, procrastinated my assignments and acted like a pretty normal teenager.
8. Were you on any varsity teams?
No, I love watching sports, and actually even playing a lot of them, but I am really bad at them. Not enough coordination or depth perception.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
No
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
I can't remember our fight song right now, but I can remember another school song, and I vividly remember my elementary school song.
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Applegate, whoever taught sewing, Lake, Story, Bellini, some of my math teachers, but I don't remember their names
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
Outside in the warmer months, in a hallway away from the crowd in the colder months (again, I might as well steal Shanny's answer since we sat together).
13. What was your school's full name?
East High School - yes that is the same one from High School Musical. I don't mind claiming it. I think it's a cute show.
14. School mascot?
Leopards.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with?
Yes, my junior year with Rick Davis who had been my friend since Kindergarten or 1st grade.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Knowing what I know now, sure. I wouldn't be so worried about all the drama, but if I had to go back to my perspective and experience then, no thanks.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Almost not making it on time because I was trying to pick someone up who didn't end up being at their house and then driving on the Trax tracks to get to a parking space. I also remember thinking it was long and I wasn't going to miss high school much.
18. Where did you go senior skip day?
To answer Shanny's question, I don't think we had an official senior skip day, but I do remember finally convincing Shanny to skip a class with us. We walked down to Einstein's bagels and back and she and Angela were very afraid of being caught by the truancy officers. I personally had many skip days or at least skip periods and they were mostly spent at Kostas, my house (if my stepdad wasn't there), friends' houses, the park, anywhere but school.
19. Were you in any clubs?
Not really. They banned non-academic clubs from our school (see the national news from 1995 to hear all about the club ban to prevent the gay club - good times) and I wasn't all that interested in most of the clubs available. I was part of the National Honors Society, if that counts, but really the only thing we ever did was get together to get our picture taken each year. I also attended the Humanities Club a few times because my friends created it. I think I might have joined FHA, at least I remember going to a couple of their meetings, but I am not sure why I was interested in that.
20. Have you gained some weight since then?
Unfortunately. Don't gain 50 lbs during pregnancy. It's hard to get it all off, well, at least it has been for me.
21. Who was your prom date?
Ryan Kitterman, and good thing too, because my friends and his friends all became friends and still are to this day, although we don't see each other as much as I'd like.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
Probably not because we won't be living in the state, so it will depend on when it is and if we can take a vacation to go. There are probably other vacations I'd rather go on though. Besides, if our 5 year reunion is any indication about our 10 year, I don't think I'll be missing much. There are some people I'd love to see, but overall, most of the people I'd want to see I am still in touch with.
I tag anyone who wants to remember those golden high school years (yes, I know it's a cop out, but that's how I do the tag thing).
2 comments:
I loved the Beretta. Remember when you let me drive it so we could cruise State?
I liked this little look into the life of high school Sabrina.
Post a Comment