Adie got her chicken pox vaccine a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, she started manifesting all sorts of red bumps on her chest and back. She didn't seemed bothered by much else. I was hoping they'd go away in the night, but they continued to spread instead. She's been a lot more cranky this afternoon.
It turns out about 4% of people who get the chicken pox vaccine get a mild case of the disease as well. It appears, Adie gets to contribute to that statistic. Brett and I traded off going to different meetings of church today so one of us could stay home with her. From what I've read, you should quarantine someone with chicken pox for a week. Let the fun begin. Adie is not going to be a happy camper being stuck inside all day with little interaction though. She is always indicating she'd like to be outside when we're indoors and she is the happiest when she gets to play with other people. The poor girl! If anyone doesn't believe in getting the vaccine, but would like to expose their children, please come on over. I know we wouldn't mind the company!
2 comments:
That's no fun! Several months ago after Ada's MMR shot she got a really high fever and a rash...the doctor said that she had rubella! Crazy. Luckily it didn't last too long. Good luck staying in for so long.
Poor Adie! I'm so sorry! I hope your quarrantine week goes well... :)
Post a Comment