Thursday, May 15, 2008
McDonald's
Today was a special day at McDonald's. You could purchase a medium drink and get one of their new southern style chicken sandwiches for free! So, being a college age male, I couldn't pass up the opportunity for free food. So, we loaded up a car full of my coworkers and headed over to the golden arches. The chicken sandwich was actually somewhat disappointing. The sandwich was simply a bun, a piece of fried chicken, and two slices of pickles. Meat definitely makes the sandwich, but is not the only thing that makes the sandwich good. I would say that they should put on a piece of lettuce and a tomato. Oh, and of course, it was McDonald's, so it was greasy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have you ever read: "Fast Food Nation"? It's a great book and I highly recommend it. Also, it's amazing how delicious advertising companies can make food look on TV compared to how disappointing the final product delivered to your tray. Drastically different.
Trent and I snagged a free chicken biscuit this morning and were likewise unimpressed. And of course this promotion, like everything else in life, wasn't free- 3.50 when you pay for the required medium sized drinks :(
This coming from someone who supports a Ron Paul supporter. Figures. (I've missed the political debates on your blog.)
Post a Comment