Friday, November 30, 2007

Asserting Her Independence

I guess Ads thinks that being 10 months old means she's got it all down. She has recently been asserting her independence a lot. First off, I can't feed her. If I don't give her a finger food and try feeding her with a spoon she has to take the spoon from me and put it in her own mouth. It's not a skill she's mastered. It gets pretty messy, but she does get the majority of her food in her mouth. Also, although she still may not crawl yet, she is trying to learn to walk. She lets us know when she needs to walk somewhere and will lead us to her destination of choice and sit down. Heaven forbid we carry her there if she can walk there. Last, but not least, last night she stood without holding on to anything for a good 10 seconds. Brett and I just looked at her in awe. She's probably only stood for 3 or 4 seconds ever on her own. I guess she may actually be mobile soon!

1 comment:

ilikewinter said...

Oh, kids. This makes me laugh. I think I will be laughing at my own kids a lot one day. Not with them. AT them. Ha ha! Just kidding, but it is cool to see them try to do things on their own, and of course, humorous, as well. =)