Thursday, November 1, 2007

Adie's First Halloween

Well, I am kind of a Halloween Humbug. I don't really like to dress up a lot. I actually don't like spending money on a costume so that's the main issue and I don't really get into it too much. I don't mind jack-o-lanterns or candy though. It is also really fun to see other people's costumes, so I am glad some people get into it :) That being said, I still tried to be festive yesterday. I carved a pumpkin and made roasted pumpkin seeds. Yum! I also made some cookie bars topped with chocolate and orange frosting, so they looked pretty Halloween-y and we watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, which is a Halloween classic. We dressed Adie up as a cow. I am willing to spend some money on my children's costumes because it's fun for them and makes for cute pictures, but we were lucky to have my step-sister around. She donated Adie's costume to us, so we didn't have to pay a dime. Am I a tight-wad? Yes, yes I am! It worked out though because Adie was so cute.


Here is a quick pic of Adie, but you will probably have already seen the other ones of her in her costume that we took along with her 9-month pictures. So cute though. I put in the pink bow to make sure she was designated as a girl cow :)


I couldn't think of a good face to carve and I am not artist, so here is my attempt at a bat. Why not? It's a simple Halloween shape.



I know you can barely see this, but it's Adie seeing a jack-o-lantern for the first time.

1 comment:

alisquire said...

Maybe next year you can put on your Stallion gear. I bet Brett would even draw a fake tat on your arm. I love all the cute pictures!