Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Dance Recital

What better way to say "Happy Fathers' Day!" than show you a picture and video from our daughter's first dance recital. Really, Adie out did herself, entertaining both Brett and me. I am sure Brett was a very proud papa while watching Adie twirl, do the chicken dance and a number of other funny antics during her first ballet performance. So, to Brett we say, "Look at your talented offspring, you lucky man!" and to Adie we say, "Congratulations on a job well done. You entertained your parents even more than we expected you to."

On a quick serious note, Brett is an absolutely wonderful father. I couldn't have married a better man for the job. Also, we really are very proud of Adie. As 3-yr-olds who have only taken ballet for 2 months, I think Adie and her friend, Kenzi, did a wonderful job at their dance recital. The performance won't soon be forgotten.

Now, on to the video. It only took 4 takes to get the girls dancing :)



And one photo from the performance (Brett has a few more he will post later).

The whole thing was way too cute!

6 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I think one of my favorite parts of the video is Addie's random chicken dance. I laugh every time! I am glad you have such good memories of your grandma. Sounds like she was quite the lady.

Judy said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing.

PatrickandErica said...

Hilarious! Payson wanted to watch it twice!

alisquire said...

Cute! Ada loved it. She was watching it without my knowledge.

Can't wait to see you!

Spencer and Anna said...

This is so classic. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jay Clay said...

so, i think this is pretty much the funniest thing i've seen all day. :). That's not saying much considering that I woke up only a couple hours ago, and was driving for half that, but hey, there you go. I'm suspecting the chicken dance wasn't part of the routine.