Thursday, June 17, 2010

Do you Groupon?

Have you heard of Groupon? If not, you ought to check it out. I am becoming mildly obsessed. If you aren't familiar with how this works, there are a number of cities who have a groupon each day and you have to buy it within a certain time frame. Basically, you buy something in advance but for, usually, a really decent discount. Then, they email you a coupon that you print off and use by the expiration. The expiration is usually a long way out, like 6 months to a year. I have bought things like a family zoo pass to our local zoo, for more than 50% off, a tour and dinner at a local cave (for a date night), a discount at a nut store (do realize how expensive it is to buy raw nuts?!) and today I paid $40 to get $100 at Shabby Apple (an online modest clothing retailer, with the most adorable dresses for women and girls). That's a 60% discount, people! Although many of the deals are local to the area you live, the great thing about the Shabby Apple deal is that, while it's a Tucson deal, it's actually online, so anyone can buy the coupon.

So....I encourage you to check out Groupon and then, if you are feeling like a new dress, check out Shabby Apple. You could get a $100 dress for $40. That ain't bad, folks! If you are interested in this deal, just make sure when you go to Groupon's homepage that you choose Tucson as your city. You can always switch to other cities. I always check out Phoenix and SLC too, or if you are gong to be traveling to another city, you can check out the deals they have posted on that city too. The whole thing is just fabulous and I wanted to pass the info along. Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

The McCloys said...

I have recently starting grouponing, I bought the zoo family membership. I wasnt very smart though and redeemed my groupon online already and have yet to visit the zoo. Afterwards I realized I should have waited till I was ready to go to the zoo because the membership is valid 1 year from when it starts, and I am not sure how often I am going to go this summer. Oh well, still a great deal! I was also looking at todays deal and considering it. They have some way cute dresses!

Gooch Family said...

Dido, it's such a great idea and it's obviously working..I am hooked! One of the deals I got was the Tucson Raquet Club 3 month membership plus 5 hrs of tennis lessons for $29. Such a good deal, and the zoo pass. If you ever go let me know and we can meet you.

Camille said...

How fun! I'm a "groupon"er now, thanks for the tip!