My dad and I posing for a picture taken by Adie. Not too bad!
Not sure what was going on with this rock, but I love Adie chilling with her sunglasses here.

Riding on a saddle at the Tombstone courthouse.

Grandpa and the kids taking a break after our tour at the Tombstone Courthouse.
The gallows! These are a replica of ones that were originally in Tombstone, kind of creepy, but really interesting. I actually really enjoyed Tombstone and would like to go back and see a bit more. I heard it wasn't great so maybe going there with no expectations helped me enjoy it more.
The kids loved hanging out with Grandpa on the bed, just talking and playing. I know neither child is smiling, but I assure you, there was lots of laughter during these moments.

I really struggled to get some good pictures (this is why Brett is in charge of photography at our house), but this is the best I have from our visit to the Cheesecake Factory. Can you see Chase going to town with the brown bread? He was a huge fan.

Shortly after my dad left, my friend, Kim, and her husband, Paul, visited us from Houston for a day. Sorry, Kim, this is the only picture I took. I don't know why I don't have more from that day. Anyway, besides having a little grilled dinner, we tried to go to Colossal Cave with them but didn't realize it wasn't very kid-friendly, so mostly we just drove around and talked. It was so good to catch up.

Adie has also had her friends come and visit a few times (names not mentioned to protect the young and innocent ;) ). She and Adie were enjoying a movie while snuggling under a blanket and eating popcorn.

Another day, they got to have fun with homemade playdough. It was my first time making it, so it wasn't stellar. I'll have to keep perfecting the art of playdough-making, but at least it provided 20 minutes or so of entertainment.
We also got to have a nanny with us for a week. Our cute neighbor came over to help me out for a week. She is fantastic with the kids. Here she is helping Adie paint a toy elephant.
She also helped develop the children's musical skills. They had so much fun playing with her.We always love visitors, whether they travel long distances or live around the corner. So, please, feel free to come on by!
2 comments:
One post down, a million to go! Just kidding. I wouldn't have cared if you'd said Kenzi's name! Thanks for making the playdough with her. She loved it.
I'm jealous that you and Kimmie got to see each other!
Post a Comment