On Friday, my sweet Grandma Savage passed away. She's been sick for a few years now and I am so happy she gets to move on, but I will dearly miss her. She was such a good woman and example to me. I have so many positive memories of her. What a wonderful legacy she has left. Some of the things I will remember most about her are having mashed eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast at her house, music and singing, always singing (and it's still one of my favorite things to do), having sleepovers at her house and her doing make-up for my cousins and me, her good-smelling bathroom and her detailed photo albums. I think
her obituary was a wonderful encapsulation of her good life. How special grandparents are. I love all of mine so much.
We were just looking at some photos we had of her from my brother's wedding a few years ago. It made me smile and I just wanted to post a few as my little memorial to her. I love you, Grandma. Thank you for everything!


1 comment:
Your Grandma was an incredible woman who loved her family so much. She was ALWAYS kind to me, and went out of her way to make each of her grandchildren feel loved. She was even very kind after your father and I divorced - which is often not the case. I will miss her so much.
Post a Comment