Adie can only watch a select few things on Sundays, one of them being the movie The Prince of Egypt. We love to listen to this song and dance around the house.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
I haven't been much in the mood to blog lately, but I've got some extra time this morning, so I thought I'd share a few recent things that have made me happy.
I had some money sent to me for my birthday and Amazon was having a sale, so I invested in a movie I know will get plenty of playing time over the years (as long as Brett is not in the room). Local friends, please let me know if you need a Mr. Darcy fix. I am sure we can have a movie day.
I love to see the daily progress of the beginnings of our garden. I know very little about gardening, but I have about 70 square feet of garden with which to learn. I am so excited for the learning process, and hopefully we'll be able to eat lots of fresh veggies and herbs the year. You can see through the window in this picture a small part of the patio Brett put in for us around Christmas time. This patio also makes me very happy. He did a wonderful job putting it in and we will soon have the backyard in a done enough state to share some photos. I can't wait!
This is a common sight when I get home from running in the mornings. Chase is sometimes awake when I leave and Brett isn't too interested in fully waking up yet, so he let's Chase play in the bed until he falls back asleep. You can definitely tell they are related. Chase is a chip off the old block if you ask me. And yes, the yellow thing Chase is wearing is a giant swaddle blanket - the Woombie, mega baby size. I bought it in an attempt to get him to sleep though the night. Turns out it probably made things worse not better, but Chase does like his legs swaddled still, so that's why you see him wearing it like so.
This is what I found when I went to check on Adie during her quiet time. Actually, it was even cuter before I went to get the camera because her beloved green shirt, which you can see tucked behind her head, was covering her entire head and face. By the time I got back up with the camera she had moved it.
Adie can only watch a select few things on Sundays, one of them being the movie The Prince of Egypt. We love to listen to this song and dance around the house.
Adie can only watch a select few things on Sundays, one of them being the movie The Prince of Egypt. We love to listen to this song and dance around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so with you on the Pride and Prejudice thing! The six hour version (the one you and I both have) is by far the best I've seen yet. Not to mention Darcy is super fine. :)
Oh, I would LOVE a Mr. Darcy fix! If only we lived just a little bit closer to each other I would be all over your offer! Your kids are getting so big! Addie looks like she could be a second grader in that picture! You guys are destined to have super tall kids :)
I love that P&P too. Cambree still loves to be swaddled - I am so curious when she will wean herself away from it, but she still wants to be wrapped up tight to sleep. And speaking of sleeping through the night, last night she slept from 6:30, when I put her down before bunco, all the way to 8 this morning. I don't know how she can do that one night, and be up three times a night, all in the same week. Sheesh!
I LOVE P & P. I have asked for that 6 hour version pretty much every year for the last 6 years! I think we need to have a marathon!
Only if we make these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40154912
I love Pride and Prejudice and I love the Prince of Egypt!
Those sleeping pictures are adorable. Not to mention the joy you must feel when your two kids are both asleep!
ps, that version of Pride and Prejudice... so wonderful. What a great way to spend your gift money.
Thanks for reminding me to think about the small things that make me happy. Your patio looks like it is awesome! I'm excited to see how the yard comes out.
I love the picture of Chase and Brett, and it makes me smile to see that Adie still sucks her fingers. I love the pictures of preschoolers that just crash! Ethan did that the other day...he had been coloring and nodded off, so he set his crayon down and got down to the floor to curl up next to the table!
The past couple days I have been watching the BBC version of Emma on YouTube. Someone put it on in 10 minute segments. My friend, Alicia told me about it from one of her friend's blog posts. So, now I'm just passing it on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIDDka3X-LI&feature=related
In case you want to watch, too!!:) I think there are 4 episodes.
Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment