Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our Little Girl

Our little girl is not so little anymore. A couple of weeks ago she celebrated her third birthday. It's incredible how fast that sneaks up on you. Her birthday celebration spanned a couple of weeks, starting with having a delicious apple cake and opening gifts from my mom while she visited for the MLK holiday. On her actual birthday we had banana chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, opened some more presents and went some friends' house for dinner where she got another cake and some singing. The next day we took her to see the Frog and the Princess. Then, a week later, we had some neighbor friends over for cake and ice cream. She had requested a pink cake. I decided to do a pink crayon cake since she loves to color and draw and it sounded easy enough for this non-cutesy crafter type person to make and decorate. Turns out, even a simple crayon was a little much for me so it didn't turn out like I had envisioned, but Adie was happy with it, so I guess that's what counts. I am thinking, in the future, our children will just be getting normal sheet cakes, or brownies, if they prefer (I do). For her birthday, we made her an upholstered bed that we saw previously on the design mom blog. I also sewed her some pj's and a quilt. Well, the quilt is still in process. There isn't so much time for quilting or sewing around here. When the quilt is complete, I'll post a picture of all her new sleeping ensemble here. In the mean time, here are some pictures of the many celebrations.

Opening gifts from Grandma
Thanks, Grandma!
This is what it's all about!
Helping make pancakes. Adie doesn't mind doing a little work on her birthday.
Adie's pancake-making assistant. I just had to throw this one is because this is usually how Chase helps when food is being prepared, and as long as he is staying content it is helpful.
I promise I am excited, guys. I just barely woke up though!
Let's check out the loot.
The cake. I promise my vision was much prettier!
Can you tell Adie is excited to blow out her candles?
She needed a little assistance from Dad to get the job done.

Happy Birthday, Adelaide! We have loved having you a part of our lives these last three years!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I miss you and Adie.

Megan said...

The cake really was awesome!

Judy said...

Fun Fun Fun!

Shali Huntley said...

Wow Beans, I never knew you were so crafty. How fun. Yeah, I tried the cake thing before and it was no good...so we just buy them now, but yours looked good.

Carla said...

I think that your cake turned out really cute. I am really not a fan of birthday cakes (though I break down & make one for the kids' birthdays anyway. They are a lot of work & usually don't get eaten anyway. i think that I'm going to start lobbying for a brownie or chocolate chip cookie cake instead. I love seeing Chase in Ammon's baby clothes!