This is really the first year we've had time to prepare for Christmas "away from home". We no longer have ready access to borrowing a Christmas tree from family. I've been quite excited to get us a nice big Christmas tree of our own. We also have a home with 9' ceilings. As such, I wanted to get the tallest tree possible that would still fit in our space. That means an 8.5' tree. Do you know how hard it is to find that size of tree? They do exist, but it's next to impossible to find one anywhere in a store.
One of the things I'm also amazed at is how expensive Christmas trees can be. Sabrina has been kind and said I could spend a couple hundred on a tree. However, I have come to find out that trees tend to start around a couple hundred dollars and go up from there. I found many that cost over $1000. I'm sure they're wonderful, but that's a lot of money for something that I'll only use 1.5 months a year and that will take up lots of space in my garage otherwise. Anyway, it's looking like I'll have to have a sight unseen purchase off Costco.com. Fortunately Costco is great at taking stuff back. Guess that's why I shop there so much.
10 comments:
This is our first year in our own home as well and what we have decided to do to get a tree is to get a real one this year and then wait till the day after Christmas to go buy a fake one. Department stores sell them for SUPER cheap after the holidays. For example, my parents bought a $500 tree for $70 at Sears one year but only the days after Christmas. Maybe this is something you guys could do if you are wanting to save a bit of money :)If not, Costco is a great place.. we love it too!
A Christmas tree is a fun investment -- it's worth it to get one that you love. We'll be putting ours up for the 14th time & I am always glad that we got one that looks real. We got ours from a day after Thanksgiving sale & had to take the floor model because they were sold out.
I believe you meant to wrrite imitation Christmas tree :-)
I think we just decided today to buy a 7' from Costco. But, since they usually sell out early, we're thinking of buying it on Monday. Anyway, always the dilemma of whether or not to go real or if we have the money to splurge on a fake one that will be a good ROI in about 4 years.
I feel you on the price of trees! They are super expensive, but they'll last a long time if you get a good one.
For the record, we love our costco tree. I hope you love yours. It snowed here today. Seasons greetings. =)
Yea for artificial trees. We always get the good old lodgepole pine trees from Island Park. The experience is fun, but the trees are uglier. They're always uglier after I forget to water them & I seem to vacuum up pine needles until July.
Holy cow, I had no idea Christmas trees were so expensive! Good luck finding one that works for you! For now, we have our $20, 6', Charlie Brown, Walmart, Christmas tree :)
I say get a 4 foot prelit tree for 29 bucks at walmart and then buy your "real" 8'5 foot Christmas tree the day after Christmas. Then the next year you will have a tree for upstairs and down!
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
Post a Comment