Monday, June 15, 2009

NBA championships

So, as I'm sure anyone who is still reading this blog post after seeing the title knows, the LA Lakers won the NBA Championship this year. I consider that unfortunate, I really do.

I honestly don't know why I dislike Kobe Bryant so much, but I told Sabrina this, I would have loved to see him go his entire career and not win a championship. There are several reasons I've thought of as to why I feel this way. 1 - He's challenging my basketball hero - Michael Jordan's dominance as the greatest player ever. Childhood heroes can never be one-upped. Sorry, it doesn't happen. 2 - He gets away with murder on the floor. Oh, and he whines when he gets a foul called on him. I mean, he's perfect. How could he ever commit a foul? He's almost as perfect as Pau Gasol. I didn't want the Lakers to win while Kobe was on the team. Once I watched Pau Gasol, I really, REALLY didn't want the Lakers to win. 3 - I've never believed Kobe was a real team player. I admit, he's gotten much better over the years at being part of a team. I still just don't feel he makes the players around him better.

It was sad when I found out that the Magic would be playing the Lakers, because I figured that the Lakers would win. Surprise. They did. And now as every sports writer/commentator will now tell you, Kobe's legacy is secured.

3 comments:

Em said...

I won't lie and say that I'm not happy they won, but I WAS disappointed that the cavs didn't make it to the championship. It would have made more a much more interesting match up. And I probably would have actually been cheering against the Lakers. Alas.

Spencer said...

I don't like him for the same reason I don't like OJ. He beat the legal system with money, and that isn't right. He should be in jail, but instead he is made into this hero, and that just doesn't sit right with me.

Nathan said...

I started watching the Playoffs with Nathan, and finished watching so I keep him updated. (I'm not too into pro sports.) I can't really tell you why, but I didn't want LA to win either. I actually have no real reason--it's just my gut reaction when I see them. I automatically want the other team to win!