Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dads

Happy Fathers' Day to all you fathers and potential fathers out there! I have been blessed with a father and a step father. Some people may not call that a blessing, but I do. They are two very different men, but they both mean a lot to me, have done a lot for me, I've learned a lot from them and I love them. I am glad to have them in my life. I have gained an even greater appreciation for them since watching them being grandpas to Adie. I get to see a whole new dimension to them that I really never saw before. I think I've seen a softer side to them which I cherish. I also have wonderful grandpas myself, who I love also. I feel so lucky to have such awesome men in my life.

Speaking of awesome men, here's my favorite one of them all.



He is so good to me and is such a wonderful father. I find him extremely attractive (I have since the night I met him and my friend, Shannon, can attest to that). However, I find him even more attractive as I watch him be Adie's father. I love watching the two of them interact and seeing how Adie is his little princess. I never got to meet Brett's dad, but from everything I've heard about him, it sounds like he was a wonderful father too, and I think Brett really strives to follow the example of his dad. I am grateful to Brett's dad for setting that example for Brett. Adie is lucky to have Brett for his dad, and I am lucky to be married to a man who will forgive me for completely forgetting today was Fathers's Day. I woke up this morning after a poor night's sleep, and asked him to take care of Adie so I could get a few more minutes of rest. He took care of Adie all morning, made himself breakfast, all the things I should have done. I didn't even realize my mistake until we were sitting in Stake Conference and the speaker mentioned it was Fathers' Day. Oops! Hopefully, I can make a good dinner and do anything else to make up for my terrible forgetfulness. Good thing that Brett is not only extremely attractive, but very laid back and forgiving. Happy Fathers' Day, Brett. I love you and I know Adie does too!

4 comments:

Jason said...

You guys are sappy :).

Sarah H said...

What a cute post! Yes, my cousin is a good guy and I'm glad you guys have each other!
I had to chuckle about you forgetting father's day. That's pretty funny. Last year I didn't do anything for Jason, and it wasn't 'cause i forgot. I was hoping I would have had audrey by that day (i was three days overdue) and I was too distracted/discouraged to do anything. I didnt' do much this year becuase I was obsessed with Audrey's party. Sorry, dads, sometimes you get the back burner.

Shannon said...

That is so cute he made breakfast and everything on Father's day ;) What a good guy.

Brian said...

What an absolutely fantastic portrait of Brett! Seriously, I am totally blown away! The lighting, the composition, the balanced colors, the perfect capture of the expression...whoever took that picture is an incredibly gifted photographer! :)