Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Tragic

I am a little behind on my news and just saw this story today, although it happened a couple of days ago. I can't even imagine the fear this family must have felt when their father lost his job, then his mind and turned on his family. I hope we don't see more of this, but...we're living in extremely troubling times. I fear things will get worse, possibly much worse, before they get better. I am praying we all weather the storm well. I am so sad for this family.

6 comments:

Gooch Family said...

That is SO awful and makes me so sad and mad! I can't even imagine!

Lauren said...

That is just so sad!

Anonymous said...

That is very, very sad. But the story makes it very clear that the man and his wife were fired due to poor job performance and not due to layoffs or other financial considerations like the economy. You are making connections where their are none.

B-Rett said...

annie, I think you miss the connection. The connection is that people who are upset and feel they are without recourse do irrational things. There will be an increase in the number of those people if the economy continues to tank. Let us hope that this sort of tragedy doesn't repeat itself as more people are presented with challenges.

Karen said...

We heard about this story last night. That's terrible. I agree, that nothing is so bad that you result in taking your own or anyone's life. I think that people want to help and understand when you're going through a difficult time. It can only help to reach out.

Megan D. said...

This was the saddest story. It is a really scary time. I hope things don't happen like this too. I posted this link on my blog, but I thought I would share it directly here. It is a little more hopeful-hopefully people will follow this route instead. :)
http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/09/01/29.php#23956