Thursday, January 22, 2009

2 Years!

They always tell you your kids grow up so fast. I am here to attest to that. I can't believe little Adie is now 2 years old and not at all little. We just got back from her 2-yr check-up. She weighed in at 34 lbs and measures 37.5 inches tall. I know the measuring part differs from doctor to doctor, having been to a few different ones since Adie was born, but this one seemed fairly accurate. I even watched to make sure they got her heel at the right place (I've seen them measure to the toe before and that seems more inaccurate to me). Anyway, she is so huge, which we all already knew. It's just crazy to get that confirmation.

If we do the double your height at 2 and that's how tall you'll be when you grow up, she'll be 6'3. Granted, I was 36 inches at 2 and only ended up at 5'9, so I don't necessarily trust the accuracy, but I think there is a very good chance she'll make it to the 6 foot mark at least. Again, this isn't much of a shocker considering her genes. It's still hard to imagine that when she was born she was only 6 lbs 9.5 oz and 19 inches long, certainly not a large baby. She has been an incredibly quick grower. Crazy. Happy birthday, Adie! We love you so much and can't imagine life without you!

We'll post some pictures of our humble celebration hopefully within in a few days.

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Happy Birthday to Adie! And I want to know what you ended up doing for your birthday - did you watch AI?

Spencer said...

WOW, she is like twice the size of Kaitlyn now, I think Kaitlyn weighs in at about 20 lbs, not sure how tall she is. Isaac was about that size cause when we went to Disneyland we could sneak him onto a couple of the 40" rides.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Adie the Giant!