Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lots of Pictures, Events, etc.

I have again been a slacker about adding pictures. I wish they just had a drag and drop feature so I didn't have to find the file name and upload it and then reformat the text because it always gets messed up when I upload a photo. Yes, my life is hard, but that's why I rarely put them up. Basically, I am lazy. So, now that I am at it, I am just going to upload a lot in one post about what we've been up to for the last month.

First up, St. George. Over Memorial Day weekend we went down to St. George to hang out with my aunt and uncle and attend Julia Blockburger's blessing. The Saturday after we arrived, we went out hiking in Snow Canyon. What a beautiful place. I love it there. I highly recommend it as a great alternative to going to Zion if you don't have a lot of time to drive out there and you don't already have a National Parks Pass. It's only $5 per car for the day.
Here we are getting ready to head out.

On the trail. Adie even kept her hat on the entire time. This is a rare occurance.

Adie's educating herself about the local fauna and flora.

The next day we spent the day with the Blockburgers, attending sweet little Julia's blessing. It was so fun to meet her.
Adie "holding" Julia. I think they're both a little aprehensive.

The Girls

The B's and the M's together again. It had been a solid 4 months since we'd seen each other. That's actually a long time for us even though we live 4 hours apart.

That evening we spent time at my aunt and uncle's house. Adie liked to play in the backyard. We are so sad that we probably won't have grass, or at least much of it, in our backyard in Tucson.

Just running around

My aunt is a school teacher and her class had pet caterpillars so they could watch the process of metamorphosis. School ended and she still had a few cocoons that hadn't hatched during school but did while we were there. Adie got to help her release one of the butterflies. Adie was mostly interested in trying to grab or eat it.

Don't worry, the butterfly made it to safety despite Adie's efforts.

Adie loved the fresh peas in my aunt's garden. Oh how I can't wait to have a garden!

Slam dunk!

Monday we packed up and went to In and Out Burger for lunch with the Blockburgers before going home. That restaurant really lives up to its name. The line was out the door, but we still didn't wait to long to get in and out of there. Sooo yummy!

Adie loves Crocs. When I bought some she loved to walk around the house with mine so we bought her a pair of her own. Apparently, that wasn't good enough. While at In and Out, Adie tried taking Clark's pair. He made a trade with her.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adie is such an adorable little girl! And it's great to see pictures of you too - you look great, by the way! Thanks for sharing your fun adventures :D

Sabrina said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I guess I don't post too many pictures of myself on here, do I?